k3b addition to yum.comf

Fred Nastos nastos-JAjqph6Yjy8fbXvGcxQkLSwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat May 15 17:06:57 UTC 2004

On May 14, 2004 02:36 pm, Mel Seder wrote:
> The k3b site said I should add the following to /etc/yum.conf which I did.
>
> [xcyb-stable]
> name=Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / stable )
> baseurl=http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1/stable/
>
> [xcyb-bleeding]
> name=Fedora Core 1 ( xcyborg / bleeding )
> baseurl=http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1/bleeding/
>
> My question concerns the [xcyb-bleeding] section.  Does bleeding mean the
> same as beta or not yet ready for prime time?  If so,  I'd rather just have
> the [xcyb-stable] section in yum.conf.

Bleeding usually means beta, maybe even alpha.  Stick with stable
for a while, and see if it works for you.  If after some use, you find
that k3b isn't working as you think it should, add the bleeding section.
You can of course just go to http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1/... and download
the rpm yourself.