KVM switches and X

Marcus Brubaker marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 13 06:34:57 UTC 2004

I had trouble with a manual switch a while back.  It turned out that the
runs of cable I had were too long and were running too close to power
cables and the like.  You're likely seeing signal loss due to the long
amount of wire between your card and the machine.  Good KVMs compensate
by boosting the signal within the box.  Bad KVMs well...don't.  So maybe
try some shorter monitor cables?  I'd be willing to bet you see the same
results if you chained two cables together directly to the video card,
skipping the KVM.

--
Marcus Brubaker <marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>