Powerplay Vs (LinuxDA PDA)

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Fri May 7 15:53:39 UTC 2004

> I saw one of these in Futureshop yesterday. There's virtually nothing
> about them on the web, except some early users of the first LinuxDA
> machine having issues with the supplier.
>
> Anyone tried one? They're hardly state-of-the-art, but most PDAs do
> far too much for my needs.

They don't interoperate with any Linux "PDA desktop" software, so that
the PalmOS "syncing" options provided with pilot-link, JPilot, KPilot,
and such do not exist there.

The only value I could see in getting one of these units is that they
are about the cheapest way of having a PDA that can play MP3s on SD
cards...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ntlug.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/spiritual.html