making posters in debian/kde

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu May 6 15:11:55 UTC 2004

I want to make a poster for my business. I've never used graphics
software. I've never used gimp and it didn't install with my beta sarge
(I guess because we went with kde instead of Gnome. I have OO. I'm
wondering what software (that I have) that is the easiest to make a
poster in. I don't know if I can do this in Kpaint, OO, or whatever. I
don't see a template for 'poster'. Someone did a music poster for me
once and there were jazzy fonts you could choose from, coloured boxes
you could move around -- that sort of thing. He might have made it on
Visio unless I'm confusing that application with another.

Chris