Looking for anti-virus software

Alan Cohen alan-QVObF66B6qeOg/Yh5kgvkFaTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 26 15:54:28 UTC 2004

Hello all

My Maildir email setup is such that all incoming messages get plopped by
Exim into a user's folder called "UNSCANNED," each in its own file. It's
then the responsibility of my code to decide where to move them.

As part of my code, I'd like to have a program which can read the
message file (each email is in its own file) and return a status code to
me that indicates that the message does or doesn't contain a virus.
Something like:   $status = `/usr/sbin/viruscheck $file`

Any suggestions on where to find such a program and updates to it?