NO TO ["Craig Flannagan" <craigfla-0li6OtcxBFEsanCfOy2h3g at public.gmane.org Microsoft Canada group

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 28 11:31:21 UTC 2004

In case anyone is taking votes, I am against MS showing up as well. I agree
that we are so awash in terms of the number of ways that MS could get their
message to us, that you could only not get their message if you made a
conscious choice not to listen.

I also agree that their best strategy is to make this a media event, since that
would protect them from heckling. The media makes it look like a circus, the
point is lost, and Microsoft wins.

I don't think they care at all about us. It was evident in the letter Flannagan
(or one of MS's PR flacks) wrote. In the letter, they seemed to be utterly
ignorant about us.

Now, if we were invited to the MS campus for a presentation of some kind, then
I would be less cranky about it. People would show up if they wanted to, and it
would be open to other non-linux people. Maybe some of us would even bother to
attend. And TLUG time is not wasted that way.

Paul King