Mounting an OS X hard drive, filesystem is... ?

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 24 15:59:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 06:17:28PM -0500, Mike Waychison wrote:

> Madison Kelly wrote:
> | Suprisingly I am having trouble finding any specific info on mounting an
> | OS X (10.2.x) filesystem in Linux (Fedora Core 1). Has anyone done this?
> | It is a drive I have scavanged from a dead iBook and I need to get the
> | data off of it in one piece so "just trying it" isn't an options.
> |

> You may need hfsplus support.  The latest version (support read/write)
> is at http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/ .
>
> Alternatively, the latest 2.6 kernels have hfsplus support as well
> (merged Feb 26 2004)

You may also need Macintosh Partition Map Support, under Filesystems|Partition
Types|Advanced Partition Selection in 2.6.

--
taa

    Even severest penury will have no adverse effect
    on the character of a child as long as that child's
    personal integrity is not damaged by hipocrisy,
    cruelty, abuse, corporal punishment, and psychological
    humiliation.
--Empathic Parenting, p. 16, Volume 22, Issue 3, Summer 1999
/*eof*/