Why I will not buy at OTA

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 19 04:49:37 UTC 2004

I also will not buy from OTA.  I have purchased two items from them,
and the second was only because I had to use a store credit that I
fought for because the first item was not what I explicitly asked for.

I tried to buy a specific wireless card, asked for it by model
number, and as sold something else.  I got it home, plugged it in,
and discovered the error.  They refused to take the card back until I
got very insistent, and then they would only give me a store credit.
I had to use the credit on a couple of USB keys that cost more
than they should have, but my store credit was about to expire.

They consistently treat me like an idiot who doesn't really know what
he wants, which is not a selling point for me.  This is the retail
outlet - the service group seems knowledgeable and capable of listening.

I would recommend Sonnam or Canada Computers as stores in the
Spadina/College computer store ghetto.  I have made extensive purchases,
and received consistently good service, prices, and acceptance of faulty
or inappropriate hardware.
--

yours,

William