Why I will not buy at OTA

Ilya Palagin ilyapalagin-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 18 23:32:01 UTC 2004

Peter Hiscocks wrote:
> Interesting story.
>
> I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years. I bought a tower from
> them at one point and about a year later the power supply gutted the
> machine, totally destroyed every thing in the box. I went back to OTA and
> said 'this is not supposed to happen. This power supply was defective'. They
> argued with me, but I have designed computer power supplies, so I know that
> they should have a crowbar circuit that prevents this from happening.

I've got a success story about OTA :-)

The desktop case I bought from them had defective power supply - output
voltage was jumping and ASUS motherboard was beeping during high system
load. I came to the shop, and they forwarded me to the service centre
across the road. There was just one guy, who offered me to leave my PC,
because he had no time for it. I asked if he could give me a spare power
supply so I would replace it by myself. He refused, but offered to come
back to the shop and get a replacement from them. In the shop (after
listening a short speach about their customer policy) their CEO gave me
a new PS and a screwdriver, I replaced it and went to the service centre
to make sure that the new one is good. It was really good! :-)

Ilya.