[OT] (X)HTML question about POST

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 19 02:25:36 UTC 2004

  I wanted to bring my home page from XHTML 1.0 to 1.1.  I thought that
I had discovered a new-and-improved super-duper method that allowed me
to set up buttons that could be clicked, and the menu would appear to
float at the top of the page, and no frames or javascript.  It worked on
my home machine, and validated on http://validator.w3.org.

  The problem is that it doesn't work in the real world (a virtual
domain at www.clss.net).  The beta page
is at http://www.waltdnes.org/beta/index.html

  In case you're wondering, each table cell contains a dummy form, with
nothing to fill out.  Clicking the button invokes a POST to the
appropriate *.html file.  Like I said, it works at home but not in the
real world.  Any hints on how to get it working without (bleagh)
javascript?

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did