istop.com

Phillip Qin Phillip.Qin-szgMhqSEIEG+XT7JhA+gdA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 17 14:56:36 UTC 2004

Hope your post won't cause another round of xDSL vs cable war.

I am not defending Sympatico, however Cable high speed bandwidth is (or used
to be) shared by you and your neighborhoods, xDSL is not. For example, my
Ultra ADSL is 3MB, I get 3MB download consistently, day and night. When I
was living in a rented townhouse in Scarborough, landlord's Roger high speed
is 3MB, in peak time (mostly evenings) I would only get couple of Ks; after
midnight, when everybody goes to bed, I would get hundreds Ks.

Anyway both Sympatico and Rogers sucks.