Detecting USB 2.0 port(s) on ASUS P4B266 motherboard

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 16 18:04:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 07:28:00AM -0800, Mel Seder wrote:
> Do any of these lines say I have USB 2.0
>
> usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0xa400, IRQ 5
>
> usb-ohci.c: usb-02:04.1, NEC Corporation USB (#2)
>
> usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xc76/0x5) is not claimed by any active
> driver.

Nope.  UHCI and OHCI are USB1.1 types of host controllers.  EHCI is
the USB 2.0 type.  The third message just means that you have an
unknown USB device attached.  Now, as to why you'd have both UHCI AND
OHCI in one system...NO CLUE.  I'd check with the lspci output as
suggested above (and check the BIOS).

--
taa

The Internet is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way
that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a
"modem" can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo.
                     - Dave Barry
/*eof*/