TLUG meeting suggestions/comments

David Kreuter dkreuter-q4+D78v0SMv8u52rGdhAxQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 11 01:05:32 UTC 2004

Wow. I've been reading these posts with a curious eye. I have been
chairman of the Canada VM Users Group for many years, and frequently
make presentations at other mainframe user groups. No heckling of the
mainframe, please!

We rarely, ok, never have had this type of heckling or discipline
issues. Back in the day we typically drew close to 100 people.
No diatribes coming from me on the different computing cultures,
mainframe vs. *nix vs windows, but it comes down
to maturity and common courtesy.  It's easy to draw a distinction
between appropriate comments and legitimate questions during a
presentation and just plain immaturity and one upmanship.  Shame on
those who attempt to derail a speaker at
any group, let alone a volunteer group. Go somewhere else.

David Kreuter