TLUG meeting suggestions/comments

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 11 00:54:18 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 09:30, Madison Kelly wrote:

>    I don't know if "heckling" is the right word, but if not there was an
> apparent need by some to interrupt in order to say something that really
> wasn't within the scope of the topic being presented.

Heckling is a good word.  I haven't been to TLUG in a long time but I do have
vivid recollections of the peanut gallery. I recall a presentation by an RCMP
officer who was constantly getting cut off, most often the heckling got
loudest around the most relevant and interesting parts of the presentation,
the point often getting lost or forgotten.

If you make it to the newtlug meetings, you will find them significantly more
civil, productive and useful.

As for rescuing a presentation I'd think some polite attempts to quiet the
rowdies should work, if not STFU might get through to them.