Total War; SCO is only the beginning

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 9 19:39:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Walter Dnes wrote:

> "At the moment Microsoft is under attack because GNU/Linux is an
> operating system which can replace Windows.

I think that they got the focus slightly wrong. There is no distribution
of Linux that does not come with at least 500 application programs (most
come with 2000+). If the 'others' do not feel threatened yet by things
like OpenOffice etc then it must be because they're so confy sitting on
their laurels. Know the fable about the rabbit and the tortoise ?

Peter