MS Word format and Linux

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 7 14:09:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:01:54 -0500
Transoxania disseminated the following:

> Is there any product for  Linux that has full compatibility with MS Word
> formats?  I don't care if I have to pay for it.

Crossover Office from Codeweavers will allow your Dad to run MS Office apps on
Linux.

http://www.codeweavers.com/

I've seen it in action, it works very well, if you want to run Office apps but
get the fsck off Windows.

IIRC, there are some Linux distros that even come bundled with Crossover, like
Xandros and Lindows (if you can call that Linux).

BTW, you really should start a new thread instead of replying to an existing
thread and changing the subject.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046