MS Word format and Linux

Transoxania transoxania-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 7 02:01:54 UTC 2004

Virtually every month I have to fix my Dad's computer running Windows
XP.  I am fed up doing this.  I want to migrate my Dad's computer to
something like Mandrake or any other distro that is easy for
unexperienced computer users.  My Dad's clients send him MS Word
documents and there is no changing that.  Open Office apparently works
for some MS Word documents but not all.  Usually Open Office has
problems when people use "special" formatting features of MS Word which
some of the documents my Dad receives have.  Is there any product for
Linux that has full compatibility with MS Word formats?  I don't care if
I have to pay for it.  Apparently no one has gotten Office XP to work
with Wine.