Automatic Stock Market Calculations (US and CAN) total in CAN $

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 2 04:53:33 UTC 2004

> I have not found a site that can take both us and canadian holdings,
> do the share quantity x price calculations, and show the grand total in
> Canadian Dollars.

There's a "web service" at the xmethods.net site...

In Perl, you might use the following:

  #!/usr/bin/perl
  use SOAP::Lite service => "http://www.xmethods.net/sd/StockQuoteService.wsdl";
  my $crate = SOAP::Lite
    -> service('http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/CurrencyExchangeService.wsdl')
      -> getRate("united states", 'canada');
  print $crate, "\n";

1.3399

That's not a web site, per se, but may be used to do the calculations locally.
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/linuxxian.html