ALSA with kernel 2.6.7

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 26 17:50:30 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I have just compile a brand new kernel 2.6.7 on Debian Sarge.
Everything is fine except for the Alsa part.

I have used alsaconf and snddevices to configure everything.  Alsaconf
recognize my sound card without any problem.  However, when I do an
"alsactl restore", I get "alsactl: load_state:1134: No soundcards
found...".  If I start alsamizer, I get "alsamixer: function
snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device".

The other weird thing is that, if I start XMMS, I of course get an error
when I configure it to work directly with Alsa.  However, it works fine
if I configure XMMS to work with OSS.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Gilles