Mouse Problem with Xfree

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 25 18:59:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:00:35PM -0400, Gilles Fourchet wrote:
> I am reinstalling my machine with a Debian Sarge.  Of course, I am also
> install Xfree with it.
>
> I have a config problem with my mouse and especially with the wheel (I
> have a Logitech MouseMan Wheel).
>
> Before, I use to activate the wheel with the configuration:
>    /Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"/
> It worked well.
>
> But with Sarge (or perhaps with this version of Xfree (the 4.3.99 I
> believe)), it does not work.  I have tried several configurations with
> no success.
>
> Any idea?

Usually sarge asks during setup of X if you have a wheel mouse.  Try:
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 -p low, and see if that helps.  If it
does, then I guess wheel mouse questions are not considered essential
and only asked at lower priorities.  You can change default question
priority using: dpkg-reconfigure debconf

Lennart Sorensen