trouble deleting files off of a floppy

daniel danstemporaryaccount-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 24 21:15:41 UTC 2004

On June 24, 2004 05:02 pm, aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> I'm having trouble deleting files off of a floppy. Floppy is mounted, I've
> tried recursive rm, checked the write-protexct tab, su, chmod --- nothing
> is working:

check the conditions under which you mounted the floppy as well as the
filesystem on it.

if fstab has /dev/fd/0 mounting as ro,noauto,user then that's your issue.  and
if fdisk /dev/fd/0 tells you it's running something like ntfs (weird) then
that could be it too.

--
laws are like spider webs.  if some poor weak creature comes up against them
-- it is caught.  but the bigger one can break through and get away.