trouble deleting files off of a floppy

aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 24 21:02:34 UTC 2004

I'm having trouble deleting files off of a floppy. Floppy is mounted, I've tried recursive rm, checked the write-protexct tab, su, chmod --- nothing is working:

chris at p733:~$ rm -r /floppy/*
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/6monthreview': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/anitaletterhead.doc': Read-only file system

rm: cannot remove `/floppy/spmtimesheet.doc': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/writeoff.doc': Read-only file system
chris at p733:~$ chmod 777 /floppy
chmod: changing permissions of `/floppy': Read-only file system
chris at p733:~$ rm -r /floppy/*
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/6monthreview': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/anitaletterhead.doc': Read-only file system

rm: cannot remove `/floppy/spmtimesheet.doc': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/writeoff.doc': Read-only file system
chris at p733:~$ su
Password:
p733:/home/chris# rm -r /floppy/*
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/6monthreview': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/anitaletterhead.doc': Read-only file system

rm: cannot remove `/floppy/spmdiary.doc': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/spmtimesheet.doc': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/writeoff.doc': Read-only file system
p733:/home/chris# rm -r /floppy/*

rm: cannot remove `/floppy/spmtimesheet.doc': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/floppy/writeoff.doc': Read-only file system
p733:/home/chris#

And on and on it goes...

Chris