NewTLUG location [was: applause for Emma Jane Hogbin...]

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-bYF1QM81rroS+FvcfC7Uqw at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 24 19:11:41 UTC 2004

> Strange, I waste 2.5 hours of my most productive time every single day
> driving, I certainly don't consider myself spoiled.  Cars should be
> banned ;-)

Urban sprawl is one of the great tragedies of Toronto's development
during the last twenty or thirty years.  We should have worked harder to
create inexpensive, high density housing that takes advantage of the
residents' close proximity to build supportive social connections.  Some
of the social housing developments of the early 90's were actually like
that (and well built, too).

Now the TTC can't provide decent service to these areas because the
density is so low so people pretty much have no choice but to drive.

Hey - this sounds like an election issue!