VoIP from Primus

Sidney Shapiro sidney-3Kd7Tu4o6f/sBN0MCq728g at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 24 16:22:43 UTC 2004

> Your first mistake was signing up with Primus.  I used to have DSL
> with them and it was nothing but problems.
>
> Your second mistake was putting faith in their tech support.  From my
> experience with them attempting to address the aforementioned
> problems, their level best is "Click on Start, select Control
> Panel...",  garnished with occasional "You probably have
> spyware/adware, reinstall Windows", even when after I explained that
> the connection is maintained by a Linksys router.
>
> --
> Emir.

I am using a Linksys router as well, and after they explaied to me the
problems I am having are due to the network traffic caused by my two
computers (which at that point I had already unplugged the network cables
for both computers from the router). I told them the computers were
unplugged, and the guy said something about latent bandwidth, which is
probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. I realized I was
talking to a guy reading the same pamphlet they sent to me. Their tech
support is not quite AOL yet, but I would say it's a close second.

Sid