Frequent mouse "pausing" in FC2

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 21 15:46:01 UTC 2004

Hi all,

   I've installed FC2 on a test machine I have and it has a really wierd
problem. I have a USB mouse (Logitech optical wheel mouse; retail). My
system also has an add-in 3pt USB2 card and 2 on-board USB1.1 ports. No
matter how I connect the mouse (via a USB->PS/2 adapter, to the USB1.1
port or to the USB2 post) the mouse frequently stops responding.

   It isn't a set period of time though. Sometimes it will work for up
to a minute or two and sometimes it will pause several times in a
minute. How long it stops for is also varying. Sometimes it just hiccups
and sometimes it stops for several seconds.

   I have been sure to run 'mouseconfig' each time I switched how the
mouse was connected just to be sure and I even rebooted a few times.
Currently the USB1.1 ports on the mainboard are disabled to even be sure
that it wasn't a conflict between the two channels. Has anyone run into
this or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Madison