Royal Pain

David Thornton david-FkEgs2FKm2NvBvnq28/GKQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 21 03:37:51 UTC 2004

Peter L. Peres wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, David Thornton wrote:
>

>>I read a boot called "Quality without Tears" which totally addressed the
>>concept of quality in business. It was a great read. It tries to bring
>>that methodical approach that we expect from engineering-like processes
>>to "fuzzy" bussinesss related processes. One major thesis of the book
>>was "Quality is conformance to specifications". And it went on to talk
>>

>Ok, so his perpetuum mobile works when you're looking ;-). I respect your
>opinion but please respect mine. My ideas about fault finding and quality
>control and such are based on 18 years of electronics and a couple of good
>books, such as:
>
>Quality Assurance for Computer Software
>Robert Dunn and Richard Ullman
>McGraw-Hill Book Company (1982)
>ISBN 0-07-018312-0
>
>whose first chapter is titled:
>
>"PART 1 INTRODUCTION
>	How Did a Nice Discipline like Quality Get Mixed Up
>	with Computer Software ?"
>
>This book also does not address the problem of how to write good computer
>software. Worse, the word 'perfection' is not a part of its index ;-) And
>I'm just a kid compared to others on this list.
>
>Peter
>--
>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

So tell us about "Quality Assurance for Computer Software". What do you
learn. What did you find rang true for you? What did you disagree with?

Give us a mini review.

I have to admit , being an egg myself, I don't quite grok parts of your
post:

"Ok, so his perpetuum mobile works when you're looking ;-)"
    What do mean?

"please respect mine"
    Is there some way in which I disrespected you?

david
quadratic.net