Royal Pain

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 20 12:04:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, David Thornton wrote:

> I read a boot called "Quality without Tears" which totally addressed the
> concept of quality in business. It was a great read. It tries to bring
> that methodical approach that we expect from engineering-like processes
> to "fuzzy" bussinesss related processes. One major thesis of the book
> was "Quality is conformance to specifications". And it went on to talk

Ok, so his perpetuum mobile works when you're looking ;-). I respect your
opinion but please respect mine. My ideas about fault finding and quality
control and such are based on 18 years of electronics and a couple of good
books, such as:

Quality Assurance for Computer Software
Robert Dunn and Richard Ullman
McGraw-Hill Book Company (1982)
ISBN 0-07-018312-0

whose first chapter is titled:

"PART 1 INTRODUCTION
	How Did a Nice Discipline like Quality Get Mixed Up
	with Computer Software ?"

This book also does not address the problem of how to write good computer
software. Worse, the word 'perfection' is not a part of its index ;-) And
I'm just a kid compared to others on this list.

Peter