Javascript, mozilla and that little yellow text box

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 15 17:14:09 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 11:25, Madison Kelly wrote:

>    I have been digging all over for a sample of javascript code that
> will  pop up that little yellow information box when the mouse passes
> over a certain point. For example, I want to have an icon for a hard
> drive partition and when the user passes their mouse over it an
> information box will pop up with all of the information on that
> partition displayed (NOT a pop-up window).

The old PHP site (http://www.php.net/) had a feature where a bubble (like the
talkie things in cartoons) would pop up when you went over certain links.
For example when you put your mouse over the search link a search bubble
would pop up with a form in it, you could search from the bubble and the
results would load it the regular browser.

My description may sound wierd but I really like it and it worked well in all
browsers that I used at the time ... and this was at least 4 years ago.  If
you hunt around you might find some references to the old code for their
website - "how did you do that?" was an FAQ for a while.