Javascript, mozilla and that little yellow text box

Andy Jack f.e.jack-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 15 15:57:57 UTC 2004

Hi Madison, I'm looking at the NCBI website and they have some neat
pop-up submenus if you click on the blue or red rectangles in the
graphic of the gene product:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=gene&cmd=retrieve&dopt=graphics&list_uids=43283

I'm sure it's trivial to get it to pop up with an "onMouseOver" instead
of "onClick".

(NCBI = National Center for Biotechnology Information; the "Nation" in
this case being the United States).  The code is probably in that page
or in a sourced file but I think it's a very useful implementation of
the pop-up box; it works under Mozilla 1.6 on a Sun for me.

Cheers,
Andy