Sympatico goes MSN

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 14 15:57:33 UTC 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 12:43, David J Patrick wrote:

>     Did you notice that Sympatico has gone over to the dark side ?
>     Acquired ? Partnered ? Assimilated ?

Yes.  The partnering with Microsoft was announced (I'm guessing) about a year
ago.

> I explained that Sympatico had been a technically functioning, if
> unsupported, linuxable ISP for years, and was now destined to becoming
> actively linux hostile. He agreed that it was a likely outcome.

The Star had an article about it a few days ago.  Their reporter had an
interesting take on ... "'Unique' joint venture may set pattern abroad. Mac,
Linux users barred from premium service".  Here's the big ugly URL if you're
interested:

  http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1086819010642