Sympatico goes MSN

talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 14 15:56:44 UTC 2004

Hi David,

I also saw the new 'msn.sympatico.ca' thing in the paper and wondered.

However, I'm not really concerned yet. I have two Linux machines and three
or four Windows machines happily networked together working through a
router/firewall talking to Sympatico. That's all allowed under the EULA or
whatever they're calling the Sympatico customer service agreement these
days.

My Linux machines are workstations -- I'm not running web servers that the
outside world can access, nor am I running my own mail server. I may use
Epiphany, Mozilla or Galeon to access the web instead of IE, and I may
use Evolution and PMMail2000 instead of Outlook, but how is Microsoft
going to find out -- or be able to do anything about that?

So, I don't anticipate any problems. It's not a big deal.

Alex