Okidata ML320T printing questions

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 9 09:16:16 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 11:47:36PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote

> Well I use cupsys which for me at least makes setting up a printer easy.
>
> I install the foomatic and cupsys packages (quite a few packages on
> Debian involved), then connect my browser to http://localhost:631 and
> login as root (with root's password) and add a printer, picking the
> brand and model from the list (provided by foomatic and/or gimpprint it
> seems), and it's all done.

  The magic url, plus logging in as root, did the trick.  Not only do
text files print properly, but the cutsie test-page prints out too.
I've solved the problem of printing with Mozilla Firebird.  The default
print command...

lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

...produces text that looks like postscript commands.  I replaced that
with...

lp

...and it works OK.

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did