revision control for any file for this dummy

Lloyd Budd lloyd-fEEwcc3XMu8jODpR/OX0VQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 1 18:23:28 UTC 2004

The thread regarding USB Pen Drive User has me wondering
if there is any revision control system that has a good GUI , and
is not strictly hierarchy / project constrained .  Something I could
use for any file :

For example , I would like to drag my .bashrc file to it , and it
consider :
a. I don't have one of these , let me prompt the user to add it

b. I have one of these and it was from the same location on the same
server , let me prompt the user to see if this is a revision

c. I have one of these , it is similar , but from a different directory
or
server , let me prompt the user to see if this is a revision , "a fork"
,
or completely separate file

d. I have one of these , it is nothing like any file I have let me
prompt
the user to see if this is a  completely separate file , revision , or
"a fork"

Thank you ,
Lloyd