USB Pen Drive User

David Colebatch david-nuEF980otx7IfpyC97YFaV6hYfS7NtTn at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 1 13:03:49 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 12:33 pm, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> Fraser Campbell wrote:
> > If you can easily get access to a common subversion server from all of
> > your machines you might find this easier than lugging around a pen drive.
> >  I can easily arrange svn access for myself either through my vpn or an
> > ssh tunnel.
>
> c'mon -- "lugging"? My 256MB SanDisk Cruzer weighs less than 15g, and is
> smaller than a Bic lighter. It works with every computer I've
> encountered. It works where there is no network (like the Go train).

So you do a checkout before you leave on the train, then commit when you reach
your destination.

The subversion method is great (i might look into it) as it allows you to use
thin clients, where USB etc. isn't available/supported.

Not to mention having an "offsite" backup :)

You'd be screwed if you lost your USB pen :p

-David