CUPS Problem

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 30 01:16:30 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I am using CUPS (I should say trying to use CUPS) and experience a weird
problem.

I am using a Debian Sarge and have installed CUPS via the available
packages.  I have not updated the cups.conf (file attached just in case).

The problem is that when I try to print something (let's say from OO),
the file stays in the queue for ever (status: processing).  If I try
from Thunderbird, the application hangs (the printing status windows
stays open and I have to kill Thunderbird although the file is in the
queue).  In both cases, the job stays in the queue forever.

If I start gtklp, I can see my jobs and manage them, but no printing.

I have also attached the output of a ps auxf.

Thanks for your help,

Gilles