Linux enabled Shuttle PC

Devin Whalen devin-Gq53QDLGkWIleAitJ8REmdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 28 17:18:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 12:53, Kareem Shehata wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 12:17, jim ruxton wrote:
> > I was just wondering if anyone has put Linux on a Shuttle PC. I'd  like
> > to get one and was wondering if there are any gotchas. I'll probably get
> > the Pentium version hopefully with an Nvidia chip. Can anyone recommend
> > a store in TO where they speak Linux and sell Shuttles?
>
> I wouldn't worry about the store speaking Linux.  Most sales clerks I've
> seen are useless in any language.  Better to get the info beforehand,
> then get it where it's cheapest.
>
> Alas, I haven't had the combination of time and money to grab one of
> these, though I've heard it can be done.  I suppose the most important
> thing is to make sure the chipset(s) are supported.
>
> Good luck, and let us know how it goes!  I'd love to use something less
> noisy and prettier for my next box.
>
> Kareem

What is a Shuttle PC exactly?  Is this a brand name or some sort of form
factor?  I was looking on the web but couldn't only find pictures of the
pc and not an explanation of what they are.  At any rate the pics make
it look like the MiniQ pc that one of the guys has at work.  He runs
Mandrake on it quite fine.  I think he also had freeBSD on it.

Later

--
Devin Whalen
Programmer