Linux enabled Shuttle PC

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 28 16:53:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 12:17, jim ruxton wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone has put Linux on a Shuttle PC. I'd  like
> to get one and was wondering if there are any gotchas. I'll probably get
> the Pentium version hopefully with an Nvidia chip. Can anyone recommend
> a store in TO where they speak Linux and sell Shuttles?

I wouldn't worry about the store speaking Linux.  Most sales clerks I've
seen are useless in any language.  Better to get the info beforehand,
then get it where it's cheapest.

Alas, I haven't had the combination of time and money to grab one of
these, though I've heard it can be done.  I suppose the most important
thing is to make sure the chipset(s) are supported.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!  I'd love to use something less
noisy and prettier for my next box.

Kareem

--
   kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -    Kareem Shehata     -     416-766-4911