isapnp kernel support

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 26 04:07:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 23:23:37 -0400, Kareem Shehata <kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Which seems to do the trick, though it seems hackish.  Is there a better
> way of setting isapnp parameters?

Nope.  The fact that you managed to get it to work is a feat in itself.

I remember when 2.4 first came out, and this new way of configuring
ISAPNP cards was introduced, I sorely missed the old "pnpdump" and
"isapnp" tools of 2.2.  At the time I was trying to configure an IBM
Token Ring card, which worked perfectly with kernel 2.2, and I
couldn't get to work worth a damn with 2.4.  Eventually, I gave up and
got a PCI card.

pm

--
Paul Mora