isapnp kernel support

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 26 03:23:37 UTC 2004

After spending the afternoon with my brother and his PII-350, I now
remember just how much fun "Plug-and-Play" wasn't.  I managed to get
everything working, but I ended up hacking things together a little
bit.  To summarize my question: how does one configure an isapnp card
when isapnp is built into the kernel?

I ended up modifying /etc/init.d/isapnp (from isapnptools) to basically
be:

cat /etc/isapnp.conf > /proc/isapnp

Where /etc/isapnp.conf is along the lines of:

card 0 CTL00xx
dev 0 CTL0045
irq 0 x
io 0 x
io 1 x
io 2 x
dma 0 x
dma 1 x

Which seems to do the trick, though it seems hackish.  Is there a better
way of setting isapnp parameters?

Thanks,

Kareem

--