Flexible information management

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 25 17:33:12 UTC 2004

At 10:15 AM 07/20/2004, Phillip Mills wrote:
>My main uses for a thing like this would be brainstorming, project
>documentation/management, and -- above all -- organizing the zillion loose
>notes I make on every possible topic.
>
>Comments?  Thoughts?

Based in part on your rough notes and more from your planned use, what came
to mind is a program called an "Idea Processor" or "Outline Processor". I
had a program for an Amiga computer ages ago for this. I also remember a
somewhat related but older program for the Apple ][ by the creators of
Visicalc (IIRC). I think the program may have been called Visinotes(??). It
gave you a "card" on the screen (a text area of so many lines of x
characters wide) where you type. The information was then saved to floppy
disk. It allowed you to do searches to pull up the information. It was in
part like a computerized version of a drawer full of index cards. I can't
remember if (how?) it allowed organizing "cards".

Here are a few URLs from a Google search that might lead you to something
of use/interest:
http://www.ceap.wcu.edu/Houghton/EDELCompEduc/Themes/Outlining/outlining.html
http://members.rediff.com/cpsiitd/software.htm
http://www.modelandmine.com/links_misc.htm

Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"