Video camera usb connection problem

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 21 17:46:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 10:27:45AM -0400, hui xu wrote:
> Could anybody tell me how to copy a video form the tape of video camera to computer from USB port? My video camera support USB port connection.
>
> I use the following command for my digital camera, It works fine. but doesn't work for my video camera.
>
> $ modprobe usb-storage

I have only done firewire for video camares, which works just fine in
general since there are standards for video over firewire.  What info
does usb see about the device when you connect it?  (vendor id, device
id, device class, etc).  Unless it is USB 2 I would think USB was too
slow for decent video transfer.

Lennart Sorensen