linux compiler tools for C

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 24 23:42:48 UTC 2004

On July 23, 2004 11:17 pm, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> At 07:23 PM 23/07/2004 -0400, Anton Markov wrote:
>
> >However, if you ARE looking for an IDE on Linux (which does make life
> >easier in the beginning), a good IDE I would recommend is KDevelop from
> >the KDE project.
>
> KDevelop uses the Qt framework so you must be aware of the license terms
> before you go down that path. Qt is NOT free on Win32 or for creating non
> GPL apps.

Your point regarding Qt is valid but that does not discount kdevelop as a
useful IDE for C/C++ (other reasons may), even if your C code is to run under
DOS.

Eclipse is another possible IDE, it's written in java and supports java
development but I'm pretty sure that it also supports C program development
(see http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/).