Flexible information management

Phillip Mills pmills-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 24 11:39:45 UTC 2004

On Jul 23, 2004, at 5:54 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:

> That being said, the option we use for the "formal" side of this at
> work
> is Zope, as a "document management" system.

Thanks for the suggestions.  And thanks also to all the others who have
responded with ideas.

I tried out Zope some time ago just so I'd have an idea what it's
about.  My problem with using it for this purpose is that it seemed
that the structure needed some planning.  Normally, I'd insist that was
a *good* thing, but not for this application.  Here's I'd like the
content to suggest structure and changes to content should
"automatically" modify structure.  (I only use Zope as an example; most
applications have that behavior.)

Based on a URL someone posted, I'm now trying out TWiki as a solution.
Its auto-linking based on keywords is appealing, so is the plugin
architecture and freeform information entry.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714