Tunnel SMTP over ssh

Noah John Gellner noah.gellner-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 24 09:32:18 UTC 2004

I am travelling with my laptop and would like to be able to send mail
from evolution and kmail. At home I have a server running postfix
which sends mail by relaying it to my local ISP. I would like to set my
laptop up relay mail to my home server which would then send it via my
local ISP. I would like to do this relaying using an ssh tunnel. I
currently use shared keys to make my ssh connections so interactive
authentication is not required.

My question is what do I need to set up on my laptop to send the mail
and what changes to I need to make to my server's postfix configuration
to make this relaying possible?

Cheers,

Noah

--
Even Buddha punished evil - "Master Killer"