Acadia University Provides Xandros Desktop OS on Dell Laptops to Undergraduate Students

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 19 03:29:01 UTC 2004

NEWS FLASH!

Acadia University is providing Dell laptops with Xandros Linux
preloaded on them to it's students and faculty.  Here's the official
link to the press release.

http://www.xandros.com/news/press/release24.html

This, in my opinion, is a great step toward "desktop domination".
Xandros is a great distro (based on Debian, of course), and will do
well in the student/faculty community.

(I'm also excited since my brother-in-law is a prof at Acadia, and
I've been telling him to dump his Win98 laptop for years.)

pm

--
Paul Mora
email: paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org