knoppix 3.4 hd install not printing

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 17 19:05:42 UTC 2004

Anton Markov wrote:

>What does <http://www.linuxprinting.org/> have to say about your printer?

Lots. One thing it suggests is to run a test as such,

escputil -i -u -r /dev/lp0

I tried to run that -- I don't even think I have the escputil application:

chris at p733:~$ escputil -i -u -r /dev/usb
bash: escputil: command not found
chris at p733:~$ /sbin/escputil -i -u -r /dev/usb
bash: /sbin/escputil: No such file or directory
chris at p733:~$ locate escputil
/usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_tool_escputil.la
/usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_tool_escputil.so
/usr/share/apps/kdeprint/tools/escputil.desktop
chris at p733:~$ usr/share/apps/kdeprint/tools/escputil.desktop -i -u -r
/dev/usb
bash: usr/share/apps/kdeprint/tools/escputil.desktop: No such file or
directory
chris at p733:~$

I'll chip away at the suggestions (most of them over my head) -- I'll
try what I can.

<snip>

Chris