DNS/Email transfer problem; sender's domain doesn't exist??

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 15 02:54:34 UTC 2004

William Park wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 04:20:47PM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
>
>>I got a new server up so I am hoping to problem is fixed (I had to leave
>>before testing). I think the Adaptec controller did something because
>>when I tried to revive the system it ate another drive just after
>>re-installing FC2 (for a total of three dead ones). So, either my
>>server's PSU is toast (though not likely because the rest of the machine
>>is still fine) or the scsi controller is either toast or frying the
>>drives. I haven't looked into it closely yet.
>

> This is very rare.  Where you hit by lightning during the recent storms
> we had?

I know it's rare, that's what baffels me so much. I actually don't know
what is wrong or what happened but like I said; the rest of the system
seems fine. I'll dig up either another SCSI controller or a couple of
IDE disks and test it later.

In the meantime, the darn email to "nouvelocity.com" is still bouncing
despite the pDNS server being replaced. It's making my boss kinda
nervous, to say the least. The fun!

Madison