unmentionable user list sought

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 14 18:27:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 02:16:16PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
> I hope I'm not shot (or ignored) for posting this. I have a thread going
> for help with cups printing. I'll keep chipping away at that.owever, I
> am also going to install W98 so I can test the printer. The printer is
> still under warranty so I want to make sure it's OK while I still have
> the chance to have it replaced. If anyone knows a good W98 user list I
> would appreciate knowing what it is. Because I have so many devices now
> I have to use USB w the printer (I have an old sane-unsupported Artec
> Viewstation 6P scanner and a backpack cd-rw that need ports as well). I
> have no experience with USB -- hence the need for W98 advice. It seems
> that the USB controller must be recognized before the printer will be
> (d'uh) -- reminds me of W98's treatment of PCI.
>
> The point of all this is to ascertain if there is a problem with my
> printer, so I can go ahead troubleshooting cups in debian-knoppix 3.4.

Simple:

Install win98
Download and install the driver for the C84 for win98 (or use the CD
that came with the printer).
When asked to do so, plugin and turn on the printer and it will detect
it.
It should then be ready to print.

If you turn on and connect the printer before installing the driver, it
will start asking many stupid questions with no good answers. :)

Lennart Sorensen