unmentionable user list sought

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 14 18:16:16 UTC 2004

I hope I'm not shot (or ignored) for posting this. I have a thread going
for help with cups printing. I'll keep chipping away at that.owever, I
am also going to install W98 so I can test the printer. The printer is
still under warranty so I want to make sure it's OK while I still have
the chance to have it replaced. If anyone knows a good W98 user list I
would appreciate knowing what it is. Because I have so many devices now
I have to use USB w the printer (I have an old sane-unsupported Artec
Viewstation 6P scanner and a backpack cd-rw that need ports as well). I
have no experience with USB -- hence the need for W98 advice. It seems
that the USB controller must be recognized before the printer will be
(d'uh) -- reminds me of W98's treatment of PCI.

The point of all this is to ascertain if there is a problem with my
printer, so I can go ahead troubleshooting cups in debian-knoppix 3.4.

Chris