APIC on AMD Athlon 2500+ Broken?

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 9 18:48:26 UTC 2004

lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen) writes:

> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:27:33PM -0400, Tim Writer wrote:
> > It can be horrible too.  Many (most?) products are still not well supported
> > by Linux meaning you have to boot into a crappy RAID BIOS to make changes.
> > That's difficult to do when managing systems remotely.  And, of course, every
> > product has a different interface making for a maintenance nightmare when you
> > have to support many such systems in the field.
>
> Well I know IBM's ServeRaid has decent control software for linux, and
> 3ware should to (like 90% of their cards are in linux systems they claim).

I know others have had good success with IBM's ServeRaid but one of our
customers had a single failed disk take the entire array with it.  Twice!
When asked about it, the IBM tech who came in to replace the bad disk simply
said it happens sometimes.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
905.771.0017 ext. 225                           thornhill, ontario, canada